Case Studies: Secure Deployment of Excel Spreadsheets as Web Apps
The use of spreadsheets can often lead to version control chaos, unrecognized changes or overwrites, and uncontrolled distribution. Read case studies to see how enterprises continue to use their spreadsheets without these common and often serious problems by utilizing EASA and building web applications that are:
- Easily used by others who do not have to be experienced with the underlying software, process or workflow
- Maintained with complete integrity, version control and security of the underlying intellectual property (calculations, functions, VBA, etc.)
- Access controlled to specific entities with automatically documented audit trail
- 100% reliable in operation across the network, regardless of local infrastructure
- Accessible via mobile devices that have access to your corporate intranet
- Created without any programming, eliminating reliance on software developers
Unlike other approaches, your spreadsheets are not replaced or translated, enabling all existing VBA, macros and formulae to work with perfect reliability.
Zurich Financial needed Excel for its flexibility and quick updating unavailable in configuration, pricing and quoting (CPQ) systems, but also had to have strict version control, IP protection and an approval based process. Using EASA, they were able to do so without the high cost and long development of programming custom solutions. View Case Study!
LeasePlan relied extensively on Excel for configuration and pricing, but struggled with regulatory requirements. EASA uniquely enabled them to keep their spreadsheets while addressing strict governance, risk and compliance issues providing them enterprise applications with authentication, version control, and full auditability, and automated links to read/write to databases. View Case Study!